2013年1月9日星期三

钃濊壊绱綏鍏_Violets Are Blue_156

to call Jamilla’s buddy? ‘It’s important that you call. That’s the message,’ Nana said. She was baking two cherry pies. Reminding me how good it was to be home.
It was one o’clock in California. I called Tim Bradley at his office.
He picked up right away.’Bradley.’
‘It’s Detective Alex Cross.’
‘Hi. I hoped you’d call. I’m a friend of Jamilla Hughes.’
I knew that much already. I interrupted. ‘Is she okay?’
‘Why do you ask that. Detective,pink foamposites? She went to Santa Cruz yesterday.
Did you know about that?’
‘She mentioned she might go. Did somebody go with her,cheap jordan shoes?’ I asked. ‘I suggested she take company.’
His answer was curt and defensive,retro jordans for sale. ‘No. Like Jamilla always says, she’s a big girl. And she carries a big gun.’
I frowned and shook my head. ‘So what’s going on? Has something happened? Is something the matter?’
‘No, not necessarily. She’s usually careful, precise. I just haven’t heard from her, and she promised to call. Last night. It’s been another four hours since I first called you. I’m a little concerned. It’s probably nothing. But I thought you would know best. . . about this particular case.’
‘Does she do things like this often?’ I asked. ‘Investigate a case on her day off? Yes. That’s Jam. But she would definitely call me if she promised to.’
I was worried now. I thought of my last two partners,foamposites for cheap. Both Patsy Hampton and Betsey Cavalierre had died, and neither of the victims had had justice. The Mastermind claimed to have killed Betsey. And also detective Maureen Cooke in New Orleans. So what about Inspector Jamilla Hughes?
‘I’m going to call the local police in Santa Cruz. She gave me a name and a number. I think it was Conover. I have it written down in my notes. I’m going to call him right now.’
‘All right, thank you. Detective. Will you let me know?’ Tim the reporter asked. ‘I’d appreciate it.’
I said that I would, then tried to reach Lieutenant Harry Conover at police headquarters in Santa Cruz. He w

没有评论:

发表评论